Acceptable Use Policy for Managed WiFi Services
Last updated March 1, 2022
WIFI PROVIDER is pleased to make available to you WiFi High Speed Internet Service (the “Service”) through Advanced Tel, LLC, dba REV.
BY CLICKING “I AGREE” AND ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE WIFI ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AND REQUIRE OTHERS WHO ACCESS THE SERVICE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT TO COMPLY WITH THE WIFI ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY.
We require that you refrain from illegal or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable use of the Service. This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) has been designed to prohibit such unacceptable use. Please read the following information carefully before using the Service. This Policy will be updated from time to time, so you should review these requirements, regularly, to ensure that your activities conform to the most recent version.
Violation of any term of this Policy will result in the immediate suspension or termination of your use of the Service and may be referred to law enforcement authorities in appropriate circumstances.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- Restrictions on Use.You may not resell the Service or operate as a defacto internet service provider.
- Compliance with Law.The Service may be used only in strict compliance with all applicable law. If you are unsure whether your use of the Service and activities conducted online may violate law or this Policy, you are advised to cease the activity immediately. In particular, and without limitation of the activities that are in violation of law and/or prohibited by this Policy, absolutely no use of the Service shall be made to:
- harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, hosting, possessing, distributing, or transmitting child pornography or other material that is unlawful;
- conduct, participate in, or facilitate a pyramid or other illegal soliciting scheme;
- transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- take part in any fraudulent activities such as impersonation of any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, forgery of any person’s digital or manual signature, or manipulation of any other identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Service;
- invade another person’s privacy, or stalk, harass, or otherwise violate the rights of others;
- post, transmit, or distribute content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, promotes violence, or is otherwise obscene, offensive, or objectionable;
- restrict or interfere with the ability of any person to use the Service, including, without limitation, by posting or transmitting any information or software that contains a virus, lock, key, bomb, or worm, or any other harmful feature designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- modify any cable modem connected to the Service in order to commit theft of the Service or provide it to a third party;
- collect or store personal data about other users or third parties without consent; post, copy, transmit, upload, or disseminate any content that infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other proprietary right of any party, or download or otherwise acquire, save, store, transmit or distribute any content owned or controlled by any third party in violation of the terms of acquisition or use of such content, including without limitation movies, video, and audio recordings, material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary information, and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements), material that infringes any patent, trademark, or trade secret, and any and all other proprietary and/or copyrighted information and content of third parties;
- breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any organization’s or person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person, or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including but not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account that you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks or computers for any reason, by use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT
Please be aware that you are responsible for any misuse of the Service that occurs through your account or IP address, even if the misuse was inadvertent. You must, therefore, take precautions to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to the Service through your account or misuse the Service in violation of this Policy. You are also solely responsible for the security of any device that you connect to the Service, including any data stored on that device, and for implementing appropriate security precautions for all systems connected to the Service to protect against threats such as viruses, spam, and other malicious intrusions.
The WIFI PROVIDER and REV do not undertake the security of any data you send through the Service and it is your responsibility to secure such data.
ACCESS TO INTERNET
REV does not screen or restrict access to any content placed on or accessible through the Internet. REV also does not screen or restrict communications between parties via the Internet. REV only affords the transmission, routing, or providing of connections for digital online communications, between or among points specified by a user, of material of the user’s choosing, without modification to the content of the material as sent or received. Note that additional local restrictions on access to the internet may apply.
You acknowledge that if you access the Internet you may receive or be exposed to content, goods, or services which you consider to be improper, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise offensive.
WIFI PROVIDER and REV may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. You understand and agree that WIFI PROVIDER and/or REV may disclose your communications and activities using the Service in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities. You understand and agree that REV will cooperate with all applicable laws, injunctions, and judicial orders.
You agree that WIFI PROVIDER and REV are not liable for any action or inaction with respect to any such content on the Internet accessible through the Service.
You agree that WIFI PROVIDER or REV may terminate this Agreement and cancel your access to the Service at any time, without notice and for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, security or safety reasons, and/or using the Service to perform any illegal activity. You further agree that in the event of termination for any reason, REV will have no liability to you.
To the extent allowable by law, you shall defend, indemnify and hold REV and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your use of this Service or any breach of this Agreement.
The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind. REV does not warrant that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. REV makes no express warranties and customer waives all implied warranties including, but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose regarding any merchandise, information or service provided through REV or the Internet generally. Customer expressly acknowledges that there are, and assumes all responsibility related to, security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and technology and that REV does not make any assurances or warranties relating to such risks. No advice or information given by WIFI PROVIDER its representatives, REV, or its representatives shall create a warranty.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
REV, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors, assigns, vendors, and licensors are not liable for any costs or damages arising, either directly or indirectly, from your use of the Service or the Internet, specifically including any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, multiple, special, punitive or consequential damages.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By clicking on “I Agree” on the sign-up page, you represent that:
- You have read, understand and agree to the terms of this agreement, and
- You are at least 18 years of age.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you may not use the Service. If you are not at least 18 years old, please do not click on “I Agree”. Your electronic acceptance of the Agreement by clicking on “I Agree” on the connection page has the same effect as if you had actually signed the Agreement. The effective date of this Agreement is the date that you click on “I Agree”.
Violation of this agreement may result in the suspension or termination of your access to the Service.
For any questions regarding this Policy, complaints of violations, or notices, please contact REV at one of the following:
- By Phone 866-881-4REV
- US Mail
Attn: Legal Department
913 S. Burnside Ave
Gonzales, LA 70737